By Charlotte Vierling, Contributing Writer ’20
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
If you’re gonna be quarantined, you might as well do it right with these oreo cheesecake cookies. Super simple and with only five ingredients (no eggs meaning that the batter isn’t off-limits), these cookies are a must as you watch consecutive hours of Netflix and Zoom with all your favorite classmates and teachers.
Ingredients (makes 12 cookies)
- 4-6 (as needed) ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) of room temperature salted butter
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 10-12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Cream (electric mix) together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until well combined; it should be pretty light and fluffy overall.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture and continue to blend together until fully combined.
- In a separate area, crush 10-12 oreo cookies (they do not have to be fully broken down). Add the crushed oreos to the mixture and gently fold together until it is fully mixed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about thirty minutes. Chilling the dough before baking is essential to let the cookies rise and form while in the oven. In the last five to ten minutes of refrigerating, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a parchment lined (can also use greased) baking sheet.
- Using your fingers, gently press down on the balls to form a cookie shape.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Let the cookies rest for about five minutes on a cooling rack then enjoy!