By Valeri Guevarra, Editor in Chief (‘22)
As the anniversary of March 13, the day where everything changed, passes, it is ironic how one-year later, a new recipe has gone TikTok viral similar to the original lockdown’s whipped coffee: baked feta pasta. The hashtag, #fetapasta, has over 562.6M views on TikTok, as of February 21, and the most popular videos about the recipe have over 2 million likes. Continuing Drumbeats mini-series, Yumbeats, where we feature amazing recipes, we have included steps and ingredients for this now-famous pasta dish. Enjoy!
Serving Size: about 4 people
Total Time: about 45 minutes
- 1 lb / 450 g dried pasta (boxed pasta)
- 1 block (7 oz / 200 g) greek feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- black pepper
- bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400oF or 200oC
- Pour some olive on the bottom of the baking dish. Place the whole feta block on top in the center. Chop the red chili pepper and add on top of feta cheese. Pour more olive oil on top. Place the cherry tomatoes on the sides and roll around in the oil—season with pepper and a pinch of salt.
- (Optional) Garlic goes well with baked feta pasta. To add garlic, cut four garlic cloves in half lengthwise, toss them at the same time as the tomatoes, and roll in the olive oil.
- Bake in 400oF or 200oC for 35 minutes
- While the sauce finishes its last 10 minutes in the oven, cook the dried pasta al dente according to cooking instructions.
- After a total of 35 minutes, take the dish out of the oven.
- Break the feta a bit and mix with tomatoes. Add the pasta to the dish, mix the sauce with pasta, and add plenty of basil leaves.